Ground Beef Massaman Curry
Net carbs: 11g
- 8 oz ground beef (mince)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrot
- 1/2 unsweetened coconut milk (or coconut cream)
- 2 Tablespoon massaman curry paste
- 1-2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz cabbage – chopped into “rice”
- salt and pepper
- Add the ground beef, celery and carrots to a medium pan over medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add in the curry paste, stirring it through until well combined.
- Add the coconut milk (cream) and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a fry pan with some olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the cabbage is slightly browned and softened to your preferred doneness.
- Serve the cabbage rice into two bowls, serve the curry beef over the top – enjoy!
RECIPE OPTIONS/ SUBSTITUTIONS Ground beef (mince): Switch with ground chicken or turkey. Don’t like celery? Use chopped green beans or mushrooms Coconut milk/cream: switch with heavy cream or yogurt Massaman curry paste: use red curry paste or 1-2 teaspoons curry powder Cabbage rice: Switch for cauliflower rice MEAT FREE OPTIONS Switch ground beef for mashed tofu or tempeh, or use Textured vegetable protein – it makes the perfect substitute for ground beef. STORAGE/REHEATING Fridge: for up to 5 days. Reheat: In microwave for about 2 minutes, or on the stovetop in a pan for about 5 minutes.
Total Carbs: 18g
Net Carbs: 11g